Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: I'm so disappointed

  1. #11
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by DARTH POOH:
    I love the work! It will never ceases to amaze me when certain religious types see that type of "devil" imagry and get all uptight..After all was not Lucifer "The most beautiful Angel of all"?
    What can I tell you Madaman? Strange creatures , these humans. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hear that DP. The image of Satan we're all familiar with is actually based on ancient pegan religions and... On second thought - don't get me started. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    So I've been working on a Halloween promotion for a local casino that has a movie/Hollywood theme. My writer and I came up with the idea of having this huge haunted slot machine (sounds dumb, I know) and designing one of the casino's machines to look like an old horror movie prop.

    Below is the art I designed for the backlit glass you typically see on the front of a slot machine. I thought it turned out pretty cool but the client freaked. Over what you may ask? The devil face and the use of the word "Hell". [img]frown.gif[/img] Gimme a friggin' break!

    Oh well, thought you guys might enjoy seeing the art before it vanishes into the "Madadman Dead File" [img]wink.gif[/img]

    MikesRoyhell

    We also had a big "crypt" built around the machine. It's inspired by the Bethany Bled iron maiden. I'm going out to see it today. I'll post pics later.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    That's gorgeous ! Once again someone underestimates the fact that the public doesn't always want white bread fed to them.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member count donn-ula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2004
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats dope. Was the client religious? You have to realize that most slot machine users are old farts who are mad religious.

    So if they see the devil thats a "bad luck" machine. But if its a "happy devil" like a cartoon, then its cool.

    But, as for the design. I think its kick ass. Good job.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what donn said.
    and it does look fucking GREAT! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sucks, Man!!

    ...Not the work! The situation!!

    The design is awesome!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys! Yeah, it's a Native American owned casino and most of the customers are pretty old. I probably took too big a risk with this but it was worth a shot. Here's what they ended up with so it wasn't a total loss...

    HiResHorrorslotcopy

  8. #18
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's really cool too!!! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    That's awesome man! (I'm talking about both design)

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ October 14, 2004 12:58 PM: Message edited by: grail ]</font>

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    Cool Madadman [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •